Adobe Lens Profile Samyang Rokinon 14mm f2.8 IF ED UMC lens.
Distortion and Chromatic Aberation (CA) correction
Recommended use for FF cameras only. Also, vignetting was not possible to correct with this profile.DOWNLOAD PROFILE HERE
Installation / Use:
1. First extract the zip file to the lcp profile, then edit the lcp profile file with notepad and do a search for "False" and change that value to "True" (without the quotes).
2. For 32bit operating system copy the file to: "C: \ Documents and Settings \ Username \ Application Data \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ lens profiles \ 1.0"
3. For 64bit operating system copy the file to: "C:\ ProgramData \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ LensProfiles \ 1.0 \ Canon"
4. If you can't find these folders, then be sure your system file viewing properties is set to "view hidden files and folders"
5. Launch LR3 and open a test 14/2.8 image and under Lens Corrections enable Lens Profile and find the Canon-Samyang 14mm f2.8 profile. In some cases users do not see the profile and in this case open the RAW with Adobe Photoshop CS4/5 and after the RAW is opened from ACR into normal Photoshop choose Filters-Lens Correction and you should see the new profile there, then close Photoshop and try it again in LR3.
6. I have ran into an odd issue where in LR when the Lens Profile is applied and then I do an edit in Photoshop CS5 via psd/16bit/300dpi the lens profile correction is removed in the stacked copy w/in Photoshop. So for now I must do all edits in LR3 and export to jpg OR export to PSD or TIFF and then open in Photoshop CS5 and edit further.
Side-by-side comparison of the performance at f/8 non-corrected on left and corrected on right with the lens profile provided in the above link: